Binds are a useful way of mapping commands to keyboard/mouse presses, they can be used for convience such as quickly leaving a game, toggling FPS/FOV settings or even to proform a sequence of in-game actions such as crouching down then immediately knifing.
Basic Command Usage
The command is simply bind it has two paramters, the first being the key you wish to bind, the second being the command(s) you want to execute on pressing the previously mentioned key. Below are some examples of binds:
- bind f10 "disconnect" (If used in-game pressing F10 will bring you back to the main-menu as it disconnects you from any match)
- bind f11 "fast_restart" (If used in-game and you are the host it will quickly restart a match without requiring a map reload, usefull for private match)
- bind f12 "quit" (If pressed at any point the game will immediately close)
Multiple commands can be executed by separating them with a semi colon, wait commands can also be used to create delays in the commands execution.
- bind x "+gostand; wait 2; togglecrouch; wait 2; +gostand" (Changes the prone state of the player)
- bind f1 "sayall Hello; sayall World; wait 2; sayall Hello; sayall World;" (Writes Hello World in the games text chat, then again 2 seconds later)
Toggle binds can also be used, most commonly used for changing FOV values.
- bind f1 "toggle cg_fov 90 100" (Changes FOV between 90 and 100)
- bind f2 "toggle com_maxfps 250 333" (Changes FPS between 250 and 333)